Saturday, January 10, 2009

Writing - Nouns

Any complete sentence will always have two parts to it: a subject and a predicate (or verb). Sentence subjects can use singular or plural nouns. (Recall that a noun is a person, place, or thing.)

Singular subjects talk about one noun. Let's look at an example.
The phone is in the office.
In this case, the singular subject is "phone," as only one phone is being discussed.

Plural subjects talk about two or nouns. Below is an example.
Three phones are in my house.
In this case, the plural subject is "phones." There are multiple phones being referenced in that sentence.

Test your knowledge of the singular and plural forms of some nouns by playing this Quia matching activity. Then come back here & report how you did! Did you learn anything new?

Quia link: http://www.quia.com/mc/67715.html

Have fun!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand how to use the plural and singular terms so the quizz was easy for me. I played the game twice and get them all right.

Allison

Anonymous said...

I Understood (correction)

Allison.

Anonymous said...

I did the quiz and I understand singular and plural.
Dorothea M.

Anonymous said...

mirlene
I had fun, when I did the quiz.

Anonymous said...

This quiz was very easy for me because I have a very good understanding of singular and plural terms. I played the game once and all were correct.

Leonie Florestal

Anonymous said...

I tried the quiz out a few times and got them all right. I don't usually have trouble with singular and plural nouns so it was easy for me.

Thanks, Christopher Nieto

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the quiz and understood the singular and plural terms.



Sheila w.

kbutler said...

I really love these games,they make learning fun.Plus,it makes learning alot easier.The words singular and plural seem so much more complicated than they are.

Anonymous said...

The quiz was pretty easy,I got them all right.


Gm

Anonymous said...

The quiz was a piece of cake :D. It was so easy and I had all right. I enjoyed it.

Geraldine G.

Anonymous said...

The quiz was pretty easy. I understand plural and singular. It was fun.

Abbey P.

Anonymous said...

I am familiar with the plural and singular subjects.

It was fun to play the game. I got all of them right.

Margie