Tuesday, May 26, 2009

OperationNice.com

When reading the NY Times online the other day, I saw an article that mentioned the OperationNice.com website. While this blog post won't specifically focus on writing, I think this is worthwhile to post.

The NY Times article gave the following description of OperationNice.com: "OperationNice.com links to news articles about good deeds and asks bloggers to take an oath of niceness. The blog was created 10 months ago by Melissa Morris Ivone, a 28-year-old graphic designer in Cinnaminson, N.J., who was inspired after a stranger held the door for her in an elevator. She wanted to create an oasis of good vibes online.

“Blogs, message boards and comments sections are just settings for people to verbalize their (usually negative) opinions,” Ms. Ivone wrote in an e-mail message. “Personally, I wanted a little corner that was free of all that.”

So far, more than 1,100 readers, many of them fellow bloggers, have taken her oath of niceness, allowing them to post an Operation Nice seal of approval on their blogs and Facebook pages."

Today's task is for you to visit the OperationNice.com website and then for you to come back here and tell us what you liked about it. Did you participate on the site? Did you find anything that inspired you? Do tell!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

mirlene
I like the information Melissa give to every body, not for the sundae, because I not really like sweet, but for the long weekend. I had the chance to do more duty.

Anonymous said...

I didn't participate on the website; however, I like the concept of the message being conveyed.
I was inspired by the website because in puts creativity back into enjoying the simplicities of life. I especially making someone smile and treat yourself.


Abbey P.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed Operationnice.com especially the one with the husband and wife with the cookies.

It also shows that there are a few nice people out there that are looking out for others.

Allison

Anonymous said...

I did not participate on the website; however, I found the webiste very uplifting. The quote, "keep believing", made me smile.

Leonie Florestal