Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Writing - Let's End Hunger (Part 5)

Do you remember past blog posts about the freerice.com website where you could play vocabulary games and help end hunger? For every question that you answer correctly, the freerice.com website will donate 20 grains of rice through the United Nations' World Food Program to help end hunger. Isn't that wonderful?

I'd like you to visit the site (http://freerice.com/index.php), play at least 3 vocabulary games, and then come back here & post your results. Did you win all 3 games? Did you win 2 of them? Maybe you won 1 of them. Don't worry about the result, but do give it your best shot & see if you can learn something new while helping someone else.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried the link. I only got 2 right. I learn some words that I saw them before but I don't know the meanings. Thank you to let me know about this fun thing.

Suetto Chan

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed the site I learned a lot of new meaning to certain words.


Sheila W.

Anonymous said...

I learn some new words and some I knew. I donate 1720 rice.

Allison

Anonymous said...

I tried the link and most of the vocabulary words were not familiar to me. I had to look up the words in the dictionary. The words that were challenging for me are:
Limnetic
Barbican
Sibyl
Derailleur
Bodacious
Lustral
Advert
Phillipic
I donated a total of 750 pounds of rice.

Leonie Florestal

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed the game. I donated 400 grains. Verna B.

Anonymous said...

mirlene I like this game because I have the chance to send rice, for the United Nation.

Anonymous said...

I tried it and really did well. I got up to 170 grains of rice


Gm

Anonymous said...

I played the game and contributed 400 grains of rice. Some words I knew, others I looked at the beginning/ or the ending and made an inference. I also looked at the selection of possible answers for the words that I knew the meaning of and chose the one I did not know as the answer.

That was good vocabulary work.

Karla Banton

Anonymous said...

I learned so many new words and I donate 2000 rice.And I enjoyed the site.

Dorothea M