Monday, April 26, 2010

Writing: Subject Pronouns

An important part of writing is varying the words you use. To help accomplish this, you can use subject pronouns such as "he," "she," and "they." But, be sure you use them correctly!

Think about whose name you're replacing with the pronoun and then make sure the pronoun matches in both gender and number.

Try this Quia game about subject pronouns. Then, come back here & post how you did!

Remember to write your results in complete, correctly-written sentences.

http://www.quia.com/pop/51661.html

Enjoy!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I missed one because I didn't make sure of the capitalization. So, I did 9 correct out of 10.

Maria C. Torres

Anonymous said...

I got all the questions right.





Cassandra Jones

Anonymous said...

The game is wonderful, I did Ok, and I recommend this game to everyone who wants to learn how to use the subject pronouns in a sentence.
Roxana Alvarez

Anonymous said...

I missed one because I did not understand the reference as to whom they were speaking of.

Question: Are _____ from Thailand?
Answer: Are you from Thailand?

I selected They, but I should have payed attention to the capital letters.


SHENEA WALKER

CWillis said...

I got 10 out of 10! it was easy yet fun.

Anonymous said...

Oh what fun
In place of a noun
They do come
Grammar defines them
As "Pronouns."
Angel becomes "she"
"You and I" become "we"
John becomes "he"
This computer becomes "it"
It's such a good fit.
If we are studying together
"We" becomes "they"
It's the fun way
To remember the rules
for replacing nouns with pronouns.
By: Angel Guerrazzi

Anonymous said...

I answered all ten questions correctly.

Melissa Lobsinger

Kelly Tymecki said...

When I played this game, I got all the questions correct- a full score. Pronouns come easily for me.

Anonymous said...

I got 8 out of 10.

Angela Richardson

Anonymous said...

I played the game again, and this time got all of them right. This is a great game!

Maria C. Torres

5/3/2010

Anonymous said...

I did ok I got 8 out 10.

Dorothea M.