Thursday, September 18, 2008

Writing - Problem Phrases (Part 3)

Let's continue on with our examination of some problem phrases. Knowing how to use these items correctly will make your writing and speaker even better!

Problem phrase: Couldn't care less
Rule: Be sure to make it negative.
The phrase "I could care less" is incorrect.

Here's an example of how that phrase is used correctly.

I'm not a fan of broccoli. I couldn't care less about how it's cooked. I know I will never like it.

Now you try!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sharon and I are no longer friends and I couldn't care less about that.

Sheila.W.

Anonymous said...

My friend John left this morning without saying a word to me.I couldn't careless.I know he will comeback anyway!

Anonymous said...

Nicole and I had a fight I called her to appologized but she ignored my call. I couldn't care less at least I did my part.


Tais M.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't care less if it snows today, because I will be on vacation in the sunny caribbean.

Anonymous said...

I don't watch TV like I used anymore. Therefore, I couldn't careless about the current programs.

Maria Rodriguez-Trelles

Anonymous said...

I couldn't care less about the weather because I'm going to be indoors all day.

Indira H.

Anonymous said...

My children couldn't care less that I am back from Texas.






Crystal Smolter

Anonymous said...

This weekend the games will be on I but couldn't care less, I will be working.

Allison

Anonymous said...

I couldn't care less whats on televison tonight I will be at work.


Dorothea M.

Anonymous said...

I'm not going to the party. I couldn't careless who will be invited.


October 18,2009

Roxana Alvarez