Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Relationship: Good Writing and Good Reading (Part 5)

There have been 4 previous blog topics that talked about the relationship between good writing & good reading (July 8th, July 26th, August 15th, and September 11th). Did you know that you can improve your reading skills just by reading for at least 30 minutes daily every single day?

Today, let's take a look at some other blogs that are out there. Here are a few that I've been reading. Feel free to tell me about some of your favorite blogs or new ones that you've seen recently! (Did you know that if you do a Google search for any word, such as "restaurant," and add the word "blog" after it, you'll get tons of matches?!)

Mayo on the Side: Michael Mayo, a columnist for the Sun-Sentinel, adds flavor to the news. His posts are usually entertaining or thought provoking and you can easily add your comments on his blog!

FloriDUH: If you're looking for wacky stories that are somehow connected to Florida, visit this blog! It's sure to make you chuckle.

TV Plus: Sun-Sentinel columnist Tom Jicha talks about TV, what's on, what's coming, what to watch, and what to avoid. Do you agree with his opinions? Share your thoughts on his blog.

The Beat: Check out this Sun-Sentinel blog that focuses on music, art, film, television, and anything else that entertains!

Which blogs have you visited? Is it something you'd go back to in the future? Tell us about it!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I visited the site FloriDUH. I thought this site was very interesting, funny and off the beaten track.
I also visited the site Mayo on the side. This site has a variety of topics. I did save these sites to my favorites and will re-visit them often.

Anonymous said...

I visited the site Mayo on the side,I thought it was interesting how people are encouraged to vote. I also visited the site TV Plus which I also found interesting and will defineatly re- visit for future information.

Sheila W.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for giving me achance to visit this sites.
I like the Mayo on the side,it's interesting,
but! FloriDuh is what I enjoy most.

Anonymous said...

I visited "The Beat", I thought this was a nice site but not for me. I love music but I didn't really recognize any artist I actually know.

Aneilia Persad

Anonymous said...

I visited all the sites listed.They were all interesting, my favorite is FloriDUH. I will definitely visit these sites again.

Indira H

Anonymous said...

Mirlene - I like to share Tom Jicha idea in TV plus. It is not everything in TV you need to watch there is some tou should avoid.

Anonymous said...

I love to cook but time is always the essence for good meals until I found this blog "SIMPLY RECIPES FOOD & COOKING." Recipes are easy to follow and they can be done a short amount of time.

Maria Rodriguez-Trelles

Anonymous said...

Mirlene

I read Mayo on the side: should the President turn down Nobel Peace Prize?
October 9, 2009
Stepping aside from Ritter/Portner case was right move by judge.
October 7, 2009.

Master meter mess-up In Hollywood
October 7, 2009

Samson case shows difference between state and feds.
October 6, 2009.

All were posted by Michael Mayo.