Sunday, June 20, 2010

Tell me a story- June's edition

One of the most fun things about writing is using it when you don't have to!

So let's do just that! This topic, although not an informative or instructional one, is here to let you practice all of the writing tips, tricks, and rules that we've previously discussed.

Please remember to pay close attention to your spelling, grammar, capitalization, and punctuation. Also, follow the instructions! Like some of the past "Tell me a story" blog entries, this one is going to use the same beginning and then you can take the story in any direction that you want.

Try to be creative and add 3-5 sentences. Be sure to check back here & read other bloggers' responses. Please begin your story with the following and then continue it on as you'd like!--

"I was thinking about the July 4th weekend and ..."

4 comments:

CWillis said...

I was thinking about the July 4th weekend and began to wonder if I'd be invited to a barbeque at a friend's house. Every year my family gathers at my place, which is okay but, they don't know how to go home. We have great food and when night falls, we light up the fireworks. I need a change of scenery but, they seem to like coming to my place. Can someone suggest a way for me to get rid of my family, at least for this year? LOL

Anonymous said...

I was thinking about the July 4th weekend and realize I don’t have any plans. When I was a child, my family and I would go every 4th of July to the beach and watch the fireworks. I always said I would do the same when I have my children. Now that I have a child, I would love to take him, but he doesn’t like loud noises. Maybe we will make it a movie night.

Maria C. Torres

Anonymous said...

I was thinking about the July 4th weekend and realized that it would be a very busy one for my family. We have a special Baptismal Service at Church. Our neighbor invited us to the christening of her granddaughter and her son’s wedding. It is also the commencement of Vacation Bible School and we were asked to participate.

My neighbor has been very kind to us, so we have to make every effort to attend her functions also. I almost forgot that my sisters planned a family reunion and we must attend this also.

Verona H

Anonymous said...

I was thinking about the July 4th weekend and I started to get excuted; I though to myself It has been over fifeen years that I've been the host, My sister moved into her new house and at last someone else can do all the cooking.

I'm looking forward to just hanging out by the pool, putting my feet up, and having a nice cold drank life is good.

Gail