Sunday, June 20, 2010

Writing-Choosing the Right Word

How many times have words like "there," "their," and "they're" been confusing to you in your writing? Those words are called "homonyms" or "homophones" which means they sound the same when you say them, but they have different meanings and spellings.

So let's study these words and have a little fun at the FunBrain.com site with a "Word Confusion" game. Click the link below to visit the site, play the game, and then report your results!

If you get a part wrong, that's ok!

Just write down the two words, make some flash cards to learn the different meanings, and review them regularly.

Word Confusion Game

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I played the game and I had a score of 19 out of 20.

Angela Richardson

Anonymous said...

Word confusion was an awesome game. My score was 20 out of 20. Homophones can be tricky.

Maria C. Torres

CWillis said...

I scored 19 out of 20. I enjoyed the game.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the game I played the first level and scored 20 out of 20. I also play the next level and scored 18 out of 20.

Angela B.

Anonymous said...

I played the game and received a score of 19 out of 20.

Angela Richardson

Anonymous said...

I played and found it to be very interesting; my score was 18 out of 20.







Simpson





Simpson

Anonymous said...

it was fun! i love those kind of homophones

Your Score:
18 of 20

nicole cunningham

Anonymous said...

I played the game and my score was 19 out of 20.

Verona H

Anonymous said...

I played the game and got a score of 17 out of 20.

Angela Richardson

Anonymous said...

I played the “Word Confusion” game again and got a perfect score. That’s great!

Maria C. Torres
July 8,2010

Anonymous said...

I played the game and got 19 put of 20 right.

Angela Richardson