Saturday, July 10, 2010

Common -Homonyms

The eLearning writing blog has had many topics that focused on homonyms. Recall that a homonym is a word that has the same pronunciation as another word, but is spelled differently and has a different meaning. The words "sent," "scent," and "cent" are examples of homonyms.

How well do you know some common homonyms? Are you ready to challenge yourself with a Quia activity? Test your skills with the words "to," "too," "two," "who's," "whose," "your," and "you're" (among others). Find someone who you can play this game with, as it's more fun to have a partner for the challenge board game.

Play this Quia game (http://www.quia.com/cb/39371.html), come back here, tell us who you shared the activity with, how you did, and if you learned anything new!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I played against my daughter, she scored higher than me. I scored 3200 and she scored 3500, but it was fun playing, and educational as well.

Angela B.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations

nicole Cunningham.

You won!

SCORE= 6300
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was really fun, and i also got a good memory workout.It was also awesome practice!!

CWillis said...

I didn't have anyone to share the game with. I scored 5400

Anonymous said...

I played the game and my score was 5400.I was shocked.Some of them caught me off guard.Overall it was a good game.

Angela Richardson

Angel Guerrazzi said...

I played very well. It was a fun, educational game. This game is a good, fun way to teach homonyms. Words that I sometimes mix up, I learned through this game. I now know the words very well.

Angel Guerrazzi

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed the game and scored 7300 points.

Maria C. Torres
August 6,2010

Anonymous said...

The game was enjoyable; I scored 7,500.

Verona