Saturday, July 10, 2010

Writing -Nouns

Any complete sentence will always have two parts to it: a subject and a predicate (or verb). Sentence subjects can use singular or plural nouns. (Recall that a noun is a person, place, or thing.)

Singular subjects talk about one noun. Let's look at an example.
The phone is in the office.
In this case, the singular subject is "phone," as only one phone is being discussed.

Plural subjects talk about two or nouns. Below is an example.
Three phones are in my house.
In this case, the plural subject is "phones." There are multiple phones being referenced in that sentence.

Test your knowledge of the singular and plural forms of some nouns by playing this Quia matching activity. Then come back here & report how you did! Did you learn anything new?

Quia link: http://www.quia.com/mc/67715.html

Have fun!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought the game was interesting, I played several times. I noticed that the word fish and deer stayed the same; it stayed the same with singular or plural.

Angela B.

Anonymous said...

Singular and Plural Nouns are not a difficult subjet. We only need to learn a few rules. One rule would be that when the word is singular ended with -f-, we must put -ves- for plural. For example, Thief-- Thieves.

Ana Maria Fernandez

Anonymous said...

The game was fun, i palyed with it 5 times. It was a good practice, and even my younger cousins love it!

Nicole Cunningham

CWillis said...

The game was fun but not difficult at all. I enjoyed it. I love word games it enhances the vocabulary and helps in spelling of words that can sometimes be simple yet difficult when you don't really focus on them.

Anonymous said...

I loved the game.I got all of them right.I have to share this game with my little cousins.They will love it.

Angela Richardson

Anonymous said...

The game was interesting. I received a perfect score.

Angela Richardson