Saturday, July 26, 2008

Relationship: Good Writing and Good Reading (Part 2)

Back on July 8th, the blog topic discussed the relationship between being a good writer and also reading! (For more info, visit this link.) By reading daily, you are coming across more vocabulary, strengthening your current vocabulary, and getting more knowledge that you can use at a later time!

Reading doesn't have to be boring! Pick something you enjoy! Maybe you like to read the latest celebrity gossip, or perhaps you are a fan of current world news. No matter what your interest is, there's something to read about it!

If you need some suggestions for things to read, try the links below!

Current Events: USA Today
Travel Info: Travel Channel
Comic Books: News, Reviews, and Previews
Television: TV Guide

Tell me what you've read lately. Maybe it was something from one of the above links or maybe it was something completely different. Share what you've been reading.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

THE TUSKEGEE AIRMEN
This group of black distinguished pilots were in World War II.They were based with the army corp in Alabama and flew many dangerous missions across Europe.At first the govt did not want them and made it very hard for them to be accepted,but they beat the odds and discrimination and showed everyone that they were smart and educated and could fly a plane as good as any man.Today there is an university in the same building and it is called The Tuskegee University.

Michele T.

Anonymous said...

The good housekeeping

This book is about pregnancy and baby care, It gives housekeeping answers to every mother who wants to know what to expect as the fetus grows inside her the book also explains all the physical and emotional changes you"ll undergo while the fetus grows inside you. you"ll also learn about the latest in prenatal planning, exercise, nutrition, labor, and birth.
'
Sheila W.

Anonymous said...

I have been reading true stories about the struggles of the Jewish people.I have always been fascinated with that subject.From the time Hitler was in power to the struggles they currently have.I have always been fascinated with world history.The Jewish people have been at war ever since time began over thier homeland.I am currently reading about all the evil kings the Israelis defeated thousands of years ago to get the land they have now,and how they are still fighting for that land.America is supporting Israel now,we are not ignoring it like we did when Hitler killed millions of Jews.

Anonymous said...

First, I want to thank-you for the link to the previous post on this topic. I enjoy reading about what others are reading. It is informative and fun. I have even looked up some of the books other students read so that I can read them too!

I went to USA Today and found a regular weekly section related to style tips. It was in life>people. The one that caught my eye was about back-to-school styles for kids. Even though both of my daughter's schools require uniforms, it was interesting to see what some of the styles were. When I looked at some of the previous weekly articles, I found one on shoes that I thought was hilarious. Not to dismiss those who enjoy the latest fashion, I was just picturing myself in gladiator sandals!

Anonymous said...

Is natural skin better?
An average woman absorbs two pounds of chimicals into her blood stream from cosmetics each year. Read the ingredients carefully in the products and pay extremely attention to those products bought from other countries.


Maria Rodriguez - Trelles

Anonymous said...

mirlene
July 26,2009,
This part of help me in my reading and help me in my grammar specially the preposition.