Saturday, February 28, 2009

Time Management Part II

Earlier this month (February 4) time management was a blog topic. Many of you shared what worked for you in managing time with your family, work and school life. We had some great suggestions! Thank you all for sharing.

Time Management is the ability to reclaim the minutes (or 84,600 seconds) in your day and to make those minutes more productive and not time wasters. Some of the most important steps in managing your time is to set a goal, keep track of wasted time, and avoid interruptions.

Can you share with us one of your current goals (in regards to your school work), something that you consider a time waster (there is no wrong or right answer-just your opinion), and what you do to avoid interruptions when you are working, completing your homework or studying?

Also, if you have some TIME consider viewing a presentation we conducted in July 2008 on time management. Visit our Elluminate workshop review area link below and click on 2008-July.

http://www.elearningbroward.com/html/workshop_review.html

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My current goal regarding school is to work on a specific assigment each night so by the end of the week I will be done and I could have some free time to relax from the office work and school.
I cannot avoid interruptions in my job but I try to deal with them quickly. To avoid interruptions while doing my homework, I don't turn the TV on or answer my phone during the time I have set up to do my assigments.

Margie

Anonymous said...

I don't have a plan to finish my school work every week, but I try to do as much as I can.
Most the time I hate to waste is as I sit in the doctor's waiting room to wait to see the doctor . I don't understanding why the most doctors make an appointment for the patient and they are seldom to keep it.

suetto chan

NH said...

I know my biggest time consumer, when it comes to my school work, is my lack of self ambition and motivation. I let my personal things get in the way and tend to lag behind. I just tell myself to get up and do what needs to be done. Wow, the worst thing that can happen is I learn something which only benefits me everytime. I get a sense of completion when I know I've completed the work load required, plus I find myself utilizing what I learned after I've learned it.

Anonymous said...

My goal was to do school work from 9pm-12 midnight Mon-Fri but I don't seem to be able to follow this schedule. Sometimes my kids go to bed later than 9pm. Some other times I am so tired for not sleeping enough on Monday and Tuesday that I can't stay up late anymore by Thursday and Friday. After seeing the Time Management presentation from 2008, I decided to try another method. I am going to try to do the school work early in the morning before I start getting ready to go to work. I am hoping that after sleeping 6 hours, I'll be more rested than trying to do the work after being awake for 16 hours.
Claudia.

Anonymous said...

My goal is to get started with my school studies as soon as I get off from work, but most of the time that don't happen. One of the reason I have to prepare dinner for the kids. When time is convient for me I try as much as possible to get most of my studies completed. To avoid interruption I go to my room,but even then I get interupted by my daughter.

Allison.

Anonymous said...

I do may school during early morning hours while everybody is asleep. This way I avoid interruptions and I can concentrate more in what I am doing.


Maria Rodriguez-Trelles