Monday, February 9, 2009

Writing - Using Contractions (Part 2)

Back in November, there was a blog post that dealt with using some common contractions. Please review that post by clicking here. Recall that contractions are used to write two words as one word and they will always involve an apostrophe.

After you've reviewed the November post, please try this Quia challenge board activity. Find someone else who can play with you. (Ask a relative, friend, or neighbor to play. They'll have fun too!) The challenge board activities are similar to "Jeopardy" and can be played by 1 person or 2 people. Enter the names of the players and click the "Begin 2-player game" button.

Once you've completed that Quia activity, come back to the blog and write a few sentences to state who played the activity with you, who won, and which contractions (if any) you were not familiar with. Try writing your sentences and including 1 or 2 appropriately placed, correctly used contractions!

I'm sure you'll enjoy this!
:-)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I played the game with my son Leroy.
I won the game.
My son couldn't decide which shirt to wear.
I'll play the quia game again, it's fun.

Allison.

Anonymous said...

I played the quia by myself and won 5,200 points. I'll try to get my sons involved in the game this coming weekend. They're very busy during the week.


Maria Rodriguez-trelles

Anonymous said...

I would like to improve my writting skills...

Anonymous said...

I got 6,000 point and I play alone. I'll play again this game with my son tomorrow. He's watching TV right now.

Geraldine G.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't play with someone else. I enjoyed the game. I didn't get all the answers right, I missed one. I was familiar with all the contractions.
I'll play the game again.

Margie

Anonymous said...

I played against my husband and I won. My score was a 2200 and his was 1700. It was fun.

GM

Anonymous said...

I played the game by myself and scored 5,000. I missed two.

Sentence: Who's coming to the Party?

Sentence: She doesn't want to go.

Leonie Florestal

Anonymous said...

I played the game alone again. I got 2 errors.
Claudia.

Anonymous said...

I played the game by myself I scored 4800 points. I like using contractions, using two words like she and will and turning the word into she'll. Also another example is would not into won't.
April S