Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Time Management

Imagine that you had a bank that credits your account each morning with $86,400, and carries over no balance from day to day. Every night it deletes whatever part of the balance you failed to use during that day. What would you do with such an account? Most likely you would make certain that you spent every cent every day.

Are you surprised that you had such a bank?

It is the time bank!

Every morning, the bank credits you with 86,400 seconds. Every night it writes off, as lost, whatever you have failed to spend or invest wisely. It will not carry over a balance. It does not allow for an overdraft. Each day, it opens a new account in your name: each night it erases your balance. If you fail to use the day's deposits wisely, the loss is profound. If you can invest about 10 percent of this resource each day, for your online course you will receive major dividends in your teaching and learning stock.

There is no drawing against the "tomorrow". No matter how wonderful your time management skills are, you cannot get more than 86,400 seconds in a day. You must live each day on your daily deposit, and invest it wisely to get from it the utmost in health, happiness and success from your personal and professional life! The clock is ticking. Make the most of each online day as well!

How do you make the most of each online day? Share some of the techniques you use to keep you focused and organized in your class.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I try to set aside a specific time each day to do my assignments. For example, from 10am-11am is one assignment, at 8pm-9pm is another assigment, and at 11pm-12am is another assignment.

I am taking any suggestions to critique my routine.

Abbey P.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed ready the article about time mangement, it allowed me to focus more on what I do daily with my time and opened my eyes to wanting to use each second more productively.

Anonymous said...

I am a single parent and have 2 kids that need constant attention. My goal is to set aside 3 hours a day, 9pm to midnight, from Monday to Friday, to do school work. Unfortunately, I don't always get to put my kids to bed by 9pm so it has been hard to achieve this goal.
I am also open to suggestions.
Claudia E.

Anonymous said...

I manage my week assigments, appoinments, and things to do with an agenda and each day I mark off what I have accomplished. It works very good for me.

Maria Rodriguez - Trelles

Anonymous said...

That was cleverly put together and explained.I have been studying math for a very long time now.I have figured out that I need to learn it slower.I am trying to learn too fast.It is a very hard subject for me and I have accepted the fact that I need more time.I study everyday after I exercise about 5 days a week in the math lessons section of fatdec.It is routine now.

Anonymous said...

So much true. Great article. I am trying to do the most I can every day so I don't have all my homework for the weekend and then start panicking. A little bit at a time acomplishes a lot at the end.

Margie

Anonymous said...

I am a mother of two and expecting a third. I have a full time job that allows me to stand on my feet between eight to 11 hours sometimes and it can be very hectic for me at times. I tried to do my classes as soon I get home from work, but sometimes it's not possible.

I too am open for better time management suggestions.

Allison.

Anonymous said...

I try to set aside specific times throughout the day to work on my assignments. Sometimes I get up approx 5:00am and work on my assignments for approx 2 hours and then I will schedule a block of time in evenings from approx 7:00pm to approx 10:00pm and work on more assignments. Also, on the weekends, I try to schedule time to do my assignments as well. I welcome any suggestions to improve my time management skills.


Leonie Florestal

Anonymous said...

Mirlene
Thank you! Mrs. Perez for this advise
I will try to make my mind every day to some works.

Anonymous said...

I am not managing my time the right way when it comes to my class work. I have to learn to focus on my priorities first. I should be spending a lot more time on my lessons. I really need to manage my time much better. Verna B.

Anonymous said...

I am not managing my time the right way when it comes to my class work. I have to learn to focus on my priorities first. I should be spending a lot more time on my lessons. I really need to manage my time much better. Verna B.

Anonymous said...

I try to atleast put in two hours a night on assignments. My time is usually from 8pm-10pm. I try not to stay too late because I wake up at five each morning to get my kids to daycare and to work by 7:30 am.

GM