Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Writing - Common Homonyms

The eLearning writing blog has had many topics that focused on homonyms. Recall that a homonym is a word that has the same pronunciation as another word, but is spelled differently and has a different meaning. The words "sent," "scent," and "cent" are examples of homonyms.

How well do you know some common homonyms? Are you ready to challenge yourself with a Quia activity? Test your skills with the words "to," "too," "two," "who's," "whose," "your," and "you're" (among others). Find someone who you can play this game with, as it's more fun to have a partner for the challenge board game.

Play this Quia game, come back here, tell us who you shared the activity with, how you did, and if you learned anything new!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't find a partner. My husband and my son are sick. I did it by myself and I got 7500 point. I got all correct :D

Geraldine G.

Anonymous said...

I played the game alone. It was fun but also very simple. I got all the answers correct.
Claudia.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't get anybody to play with and had no other choice than playing by myself and won 7,200.

Maria Rodriguez-Trelles

Anonymous said...

I played the game by myself. It was a lot of fun and it was easy. I had one wrong answer. I got 7400 points.

Margie

Anonymous said...

I did very well got 2 wrong. My score was 7,000. I learned I have to be carefull on it's and its, it was confusing for me.

Gm

Anonymous said...

I played the game by myself and scored 7,500. I did not miss any.

Leonie Florestal

Anonymous said...

Mirlene

I learned so much in this homonyms game.

Anonymous said...

I am pretty good with homonyms; however, there were 2 that got me a little confused. I scored a 7000on the game. It was pretty fun!

Abbey P.

Anonymous said...

The game was simple but fun to play. I got all the answers correct.

Anonymous said...

I played the game and Igot 7500.It was such fun playing with my son.

Dorothea M.

Tamika said...

The game was very fun,it also helped me to remember what homonyms are and the way they were used. I mean I know, but when you don't do something for so long you tend to forget.