Sunday, October 3, 2010

Writing-Using Hyphens Correctly (Part 4)

Here's the next bit about using hyphens correctly so your writing is the best it can be.

Rule: Use a hyphen with terms that involve numbers and letters.

Examples (Part 1): early-1980s, mid-1990s, late-2000s

Example (Part 2): The Olympic gymnast, Nastia Luiken, scored high-9s on her routines in order to win the gold medal.

Now it's your turn. Write two sentences that correctly illustrates this rule for using hyphens.

Please make sure to review your post before submitting it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The old lady who lives in the corner house is in her mid-90's.

We visited South America in the early-2000s.

Maria C. Torres
10/3/2010

Anonymous said...

The weather man predicted that the weather would be in the low-60s by Wednesday.

I think that the mid-to-late-90s had the best television shows.


SHENEA WALKER

Anonymous said...

1)It was so cold in Chicago it was in the low-20s I needed a big jacket.

2)I was born in the early- 1990s in the month of May.

Nicole Cunningham

Anonymous said...

I believe the best times of my life, where when I was in my Mid-20s.

My husband and I where married in the late-1980s.



Gail