Monday, December 1, 2008

Tell me a story - December's edition

One of the most fun things about writing is using it when you don't have to! So let's do just that! This topic, although not an informative or instructional one, is here to let you practice all of the writing tips, tricks, and rules that we've previously discussed. Please remember to pay close attention to your spelling, grammar, capitalization, and punctuation.

Like some of the past "Tell me a story" blog entries, this one is going to use the same beginning and then you can take the story in any direction that you want. Try to be creative and add 3-5 sentences. Be sure to check back here & read other bloggers' responses.

Please begin your story with the following and then continue it on as you'd like!

--

"I saw a small gift-wrapped package with a big gold bow left on my doorstep and decided to..."

7 comments:

Kim Gates said...

I saw a small gift-wrapped package with a big gold bow left on my doorstep and decided to put it under my tree. I didn't think about it for days. On December 25th I opened it to find a small key inside. What could this be for and who gave this to me? I guess I'll never know since there was no card attached.

Anonymous said...

I saw a small gift-wrapped package with a big gold bow left on my doorstep and decided to put it in my closet.So I will wait on December 25th to opened it.Before I opened it, I look on the card to see who send it.It said from santa.
Dorothea M.

Anonymous said...

I saw a small gift-wrapped package with a big red bow left on my doorstep and decided to take it inside the house.Then I thought to myself,maby someone was playing a pratical joke on me so I decided to put it back right where I found it.

Sheila W.

Anonymous said...

I saw a small gift-wrapped package with a big gold bow left on my doorstep and decided to put in under the christmas tree. When christmas morning came I opened the gift to find a gold necklace that I had been admiring for a while. I looked at my husband and he smiled knowing he had put the gift at the doorstep for me to find.

Gitty M

Anonymous said...

I saw a small gift-wrapped package with a big gold bow left on my doorstep and decided to dial 911 for I was scared it could be a trap. A officer came and inspect the box, and said it was ok. He proceeded in opening the box and found Diamond earring we laugh about it. After all it was the season.

Allison.

Anonymous said...

I saw a small, gift-wrapped package with a big gold bow left on my doorstep and decided to...bring it inside. Before I did that, I looked up and down the street but there was no one there.

I couldn't imagine who would have left the suprise on my doorstep, or what could possibly be inside. It was quite unexpected and exciting.

The box was cube-shaped, about the size of a tea cup and very light; it did not make a sound when I shook it. Could it be empty?

Anonymous said...

I saw a small gift- wrapped package with a big gold bow left on my doorstep and decided to remove the golden glistering bow,that seem as though it would shine a country mile,I was surprised to see a gift sent so early and left on my doorstep,I finally open it to find out it was a peanut butter jolly! sandwhich.