Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Word Parts - Prefixes (Part 8)

You can never have too much practice with word prefixes! With that in mind, try this next activity that will test you on some prefixes we've discussed in past blog topics. You might even see a new prefix or two!

Click on this link (http://www.quia.com/cm/128795.html), and then click the "Play this game!" button. The activity will see if you can correctly match the prefixes on the left to the meanings on the right. (Please note that some prefixes will match up to the same meaning!)

Good luck & have fun!

Once you're done, come back here & report how you did! Did you see any prefix that was new to you?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dont think I did so well because most of the prefix seem new to me. But I will go back and try again.


Sheila W.

Anonymous said...

I did pretty good got a 7 out of 10. I learned there are a lot of prefixes for not.

GM

Anonymous said...

This was a tough quiz! I was suprised that five of the ten prefixes meant 'not.'
-il
-im
-in
-ir
-un

Anonymous said...

I did the game two times the first time I got four wrong, but play the game a second time I got one wrong.

The game taught me a lot about prefixe, some of them are new too me.

Allison.

Anonymous said...

The quia game was good in the prfix
I did very well.
Mirlene

Anonymous said...

This game was challenging and I did my best.

Dorothea M

Anonymous said...

I took the quiz & did pretty good.First I studied the prefixes & then I took the quiz.I got 10 out 10 right. Richard A.

Anonymous said...

I did good. I only had problem with the prefix il. I didn't know prefix il means not.


Geraldine G.