Monday, December 8, 2008

Word Parts - Prefixes (Part 2)

Here's the second installment of information about common prefixes! Are you ready?

Prefix: im-, in-, il-, ir-
Meaning: not
Examples: impossible, injustice, illegible, irresponsible

How well do you know when to use those prefixes? Test your skills by trying the activity shown below. Once you complete it, return to the blog & tell us how you did. What parts, if any, were new to you? Did you enjoy it?

http://www.spelling.hemscott.net/puzzles35.htm
(Be sure that your browser allows pop-ups for this site so you can see if you're right for each one!)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What I did not know was how to use the prefixes, and I was able to know when, and how to use the prefixes. I got one wrong, and two were done on second chances. All in all I enjoyed it, I will go over it again so it can stick.

Allison.

Anonymous said...

mirlene- Prefixes parts 2
I was doing very well in the prefixes parts 2.

Anonymous said...

I did very well I got all 12 correct,I was also famaliar with those words so it was easy for me.

Sheila W.

Anonymous said...

I did pretty well in the prefixes.I
got all 12 correct.

Dorothea M.

Anonymous said...

The prefix test was fairly easy because spelling is not difficult for me. I found an interesting list of excercizes and a booklist for better spelling. One book that was reviewed focuses on vocabulary cartoons. The site had so much to offer.

Anonymous said...

I did well i got all 12 correct. It is tricky because you really don't think about the prefixes.

Anonymous said...

I went over the Word-Parts and Prefixes [Part 2].I knew them all and I enjoyed them. Richard A.

Anonymous said...

I did really enjoy this blog, I did most of them was good to know when you have to used. the words no legible and no eligible were for me kind of confusing words, but finally I did right.

October 21, 2009

Roxana Alvarez