Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Writing - Synonyms (Part 2)

There was a previous blog topic about synonyms. If you haven't seen it already, please click here to review it before going further with this second part.

Good writing always has varied word choice. Here's a Quia activity to help you test your vocabulary skills on synonyms. Can you match words that mean the same thing? Try it out & then let me know how you did!

Quia link: http://www.quia.com/cm/99498.html
After you click on that link, click the part that says "Play this game."

Have fun & stretch those brains!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quick, fun and easy. I played four games and scored 10 out of 10.





Michele T.

Anonymous said...

It is a good game,I scored 11 out of 11.

Anonymous said...

It was fun I scored 10 out of 10.

Allison.

Anonymous said...

I had lots of fun playing that game I got 10 out of 10.


Sheila W.

Anonymous said...

It was a great game.I scored 13 out of 13.

Dorothea M.

Anonymous said...

This game continued to shuffle and add new terms each time I played. Some of the choices were difficult such as matching "spot". I thought either "dot" or "pick" would be correct. I looked over the entire list and found that "pick" had a better match, I believe it was "select" or "choose".

Then, in a new game, the first column had both "choice" and "choose". It was a hard match because in the second column were the words "option" and "pick".

This game can be played as many times as you like with new words constantly added. It was challenging snd I enjoyed playing.