Sunday, October 26, 2008

Prepositions

Did you know that you use prepositions all the time in your writing & speaking? According to Wikipedia, a preposition indicates a relation between things mentioned in a sentence. In English, the most used prepositions are "of", "to", "in", "for", and "on." (Wikipedia link)

Think about it! Without prepositions, you wouldn't be able to give you reader that exact picture that you want to paint for them.

Test your preposition skills by playing this short 8-question game by going here: http://www.quia.com/pop/46312.html. Once you're on that site, click the "Play this game" box to start the activity. Once you're done, return to the blog & post your results by using complete, correctly-written sentences!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I score 5 correct and 3 incorrect.I expect to do better next time.

Maria E Wahlenberg

Anonymous said...

I thought the web-site was cool. I only scored 5 correct and 3 incorrect.I am going to re-visit the site aand try it again.




Crystal Smolter

Anonymous said...

This web-site is great. I scored 6 correct and 2 incorrect.So I went back to the web- site again and my scored was much better.


Dorothea Maxwell

Anonymous said...

Correct Incorrect Total
7 1 8

Aneilia Persad

Anonymous said...

I did play and learn.I did 7 right ,and 1 wrong.I think, I will come back and do it again.

Anonymous said...

Tiffanyf did good on the quiz she got six out of eigth right I think I can do better if i try it agin.

Anonymous said...

The site was very interesting and challenging.I enjoyed the subject,international business.I did quite well, I scored seven out of eight.





Michele T.

Anonymous said...

I thought the website was fun. I scored 8 correct and 0 incorrect.

Leonie Florestal

Anonymous said...

I think the site was interesting, it shows how easy it is to make simple mistakes with two and three letter words.

I scored 8 out of 8.

Karla Banton