Saturday, October 11, 2008

Writing - Be Descriptive!

Did you know that yesterday (October 10th) was "National Cake Decorating Day?" Doesn't that sound fun?

Imagine that you were going to create and decorate a cake to represent you and your personality. What would it look like? What colors would you use? Why did you pick those colors? What kind of decorations (edible or not) would be included on the top? Be as descriptive as possible! Good writing should paint a picture in the reader's mind and that's your task for this blog topic. Are you up to the challenge?

The inside of my cake would be yellow since that's a bright, happy, cheery color. I would make a creamy light blue icing because that's my favorite color and is soothing to the eyes. Lastly, I'd include multi-color sprinkles on top. Sprinkles are fun and always make me smile. Like my cake, I think every day should include those things: happiness, fun, and smiles!

Now describe your cake to me! How delicious and wonderful can you make those words and images?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Many people take part in the "
Day Of the Cake".the Fox family is one of those who do they wouod make a cake to celebrate live born into ther family that year.so make a cake of a foot which to them that meant to step out into life.Thefoot color be tan with rainbow colorer toe which represent the the different stage of live.

Anonymous said...

I love cakes decorating and most of all eating it.In may country cakes means birthday or wedding.Without this no fun at all.
I like to bake banana cake and sprinkle almonds on top.

Anonymous said...

Well, my brother is a vegan and even though I'm not vegan I bake vegan cakes for my him because is so hard to find vegan cakes that actually taste good.... and the reason why I like it first, is because is challeging.... there are certain ingredients that I have to substitute due to eggs and milk but at the same time I want the cake to taste as good as if it wasn't vegan and another reason why I love baking it is because it makes my brother happy and when someone eat something that you baked and make them happy you get happy .... so that's my favorite cake and it actually taste good my husband ate it and loved it!!!

Tais M.