Friday, October 31, 2008

Verbs - Past Tense

If you want to talk about something that already happened, you need to use the past tense of a verb. These verbs, combined with other phrases like "Three years ago," help the reader know that you're writing about things that are already done. Just like with present tense verbs, past tense verbs also need to correctly agree with the subject, whether it's singular or plural. Take a look at some examples below.

The palm tree fell over yesterday.
Last night, my husband cooked dinner.
We danced all night at the wedding.


Try these 15 questions to see how well you can work with past tense verbs. To use this fun Quia game, click here. When the page loads, click the "Play this game!" button. Then come back and state how you did! Is this an activity that you'd share with other people, maybe even your friends or relatives, if they wanted to practice using past tense verbs? Let me know!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doing "Verbs-Past Tense" teach me alot.I have learned the defference between past and present tense.


Dorothea M.

Anonymous said...

I though that I was a master on past tense verbs, but doing "The Entry Past Tense To Be" I learned more.

Adriana Wagner

Anonymous said...

Mirlene
That was mavelous with the present tence.

Anonymous said...

Doing these question was hard tor me I did not do well the frist time ,I had to try it agin than I did better. tiffany f

Anonymous said...

The game was fun,I loved it.I scored 15 out of 15.



Michele T.

Anonymous said...

I did okay with the Verbs-Past Tense. I missed two out of fifteen.




Crystal Smolter

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the past tense game. I got all fifteen questions correct. This is a game that I would share with my family and friends.

Leonie F.

Anonymous said...

Mirlene
that was a good past tense reviewed.
in October 31, 2008.

Anonymous said...

I got 15/15 correct, but I had to stop and really think about a couple of them.

Melissa Lobsinger

Anonymous said...

mirlene

I got 14 corrects out of one.

She had a baby girl last year.

The food was delicious this morning.

My friend daughter went to school.

Anonymous said...

I did good and it was fun to practice past tense verbs. I scored 14 out of 15.

Rosa M. Fernandez

Anonymous said...

This game was an interesting tool to learn verbs in the past tense. I will share it with my daughter who is in the third grade, I thiink she'll love it.

Lia Muth

Anonymous said...

I got a 100%, it was easy. although sometimes when i write sentences I tend to forget. I am getting a bit better now.

Allison

Anonymous said...

I will say that when dealing with past and present tense verb you must pay close attention to the spellings of the words. I got 13 out of 15 correct.

SHENEA WALKER