Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Writing Tips for Emails (Part 3)

How you end your email is as essential as how you begin it! Could you imagine getting an email from someone and not knowing who sent it? What if it was from your friend who was using a new email address? If it was a general email address without a name (such as "sunshine_girl_2008@yahoo.com"), you might be a bit confused. So, to help your email recipients from experiencing confusion, be sure to always use this next tip!

Tip #3 for emails: Always "sign" your emails by typing your full name at the end.

Reason: It identifies the sender of the email.

Suggestion: Many email systems allow you to set up a "signature" that automatically gets applied to the end of every email. If you set this up with your name, you can let the technology do some of the work for you!

Do you sign your emails with your name? Have you set up a "signature" or thought about doing that? What are your thoughts on this third email tip?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I always sign my emails with my name at the end.
No, I have not set up a signature because I already got into the habit of doing it myself so it's hard to forget.This is a good tip because it can get confusing if you were to get an email without a signature.

Indira H.

Anonymous said...

Actually I kind of forget to sign my e-mails im so use to having my contacts saved and my reader to indentify my e-mail address, I should start leaving my name at the end of my messages.

Aneilia Persad

Anonymous said...

Actually I kind of forget to sign my e-mails im so use to having my contacts saved and my reader to indentify my e-mail address, I should start leaving my name at the end of my messages.

Aneilia Persad

Anonymous said...

Yes,I always sign my emails with my name at the end.

No,I have not set up a signature because I always sign all my emails.

Sheila W.

Anonymous said...

After I started this schooling, thats when I put a signature on the end of my page. I actually put it on there because I got tired of putting my name there all the time.



Crystal Smolter

Anonymous said...

I always sign my email with my first and last name.

I have not set up a signature but will do so right away.

Anonymous said...

I had never sign my name at the end of my emails.Thats something new to me

Anonymous said...

Delbon Johnson

Anonymous said...

I always sign my name at the end of my emails.So that the person knows who send it.


Dorothea M.

Anonymous said...

I have set up signature for my emails. This a very helpful tip of information specially if you write e-mails frequently.

Maria Rodriguez - Trelles

Anonymous said...

I currently sign my e-mails with my name. At some point I would like to set up an e-mail signature so that I do not have to keep typing my name everytime I have to send an e-mail. The tip about signing your name when sending an e-mail is one that everyone should adopt.

Leonie Florestal