Thursday, October 9, 2008

Writing Tips for Emails (Part 4)

Have you used the subject line in an email? This is a great way to let the reader know the overall topic of your email before he or she even opens it. Imagine that you can give a short title to your email. That's what you can use for the subject!

Good subject lines are specific, but concise. Here are some examples.

1.) Assignment 5.01 - Question #1
2.) Final Exam Follow-Up
3.) Online Workshop RSVP
4.) GED Test Location
5.) Vacation, 12/10/08

I'd like you to practice this and some of the other email tips you've seen in previous posts. Send an email to me at GetYourGED@aol.com and see how many of the tips you can incorporate! Once you send me an email, post a response here to let me know that you've completed the task!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ms. Kim Gates,
I just sent you an e-mail with all those great tips and I feel better about sending e-mails now it's more professional and respectful.

Aneilia Persad

Anonymous said...

I sent you an email on "Writing Tips for Emails (Part 4). I have tried to incorporate all the tips given.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for providing this information. I sent you an e-mail using the tips mentioned.

Maria Rodriguez-Trelles