Friday, October 24, 2008

Writing - Choosing the Right Word

How many times have words like "there," "their," and "they're" been confusing to you in your writing? Those words are called "homonyms" or "homophones" which means they sound the same when you say them, but they have different meanings and spellings.

In fact, we've had some past blog topics that dealt with these commonly confused words! (For a quick review, visit these links: May 31st, July 22nd, and August 12th.)

So let's continue on with our study of these words and have a little fun at the FunBrain.com site with a "Word Confusion" game. Click the link below to visit the site, play the game, and then report your results! If you get a part wrong, that's ok! Just write down the two words, make some flash cards to learn the different meanings, and review them daily.

Word Confusion Game

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I played the game in word confusion the easy one.

mirlene comment.

Anonymous said...

Tiffany love to the games online because I think it challage my mine and than help me in proper them. tifany f

Anonymous said...

I played the game numbers from highest to lowest the hardest one. I think it is a good exercise for your brains and stay focus. I will recommend it.

Adriana Wagner

Anonymous said...

My score was 19-20
Delbon Johnson

Anonymous said...

I scored 18-20 and I enjoy the game.Is a good game.

Maria E Wahlenberg

Anonymous said...

Choosing the Right Word I challage the easy and hard and I did very well.



Dorothea M

Anonymous said...

I played the game at the hader level. I scored 18 out of 20. It is a good learning game where you not only learn the correct spelling of certain words,you also learn the meanings of new words.




Michele T.

Anonymous said...

I played the word confusion and scored 19/20. It was interesting.

Deidra