Thursday, October 2, 2008

Writing - Let's End Hunger (Part 2)

The September 26th blog introduced you to the freerice.com website where you could play vocabulary games and help end hunger. For every question that you answer correctly, the freerice.com website will donate 20 grains of rice through the United Nations' World Food Program to help end hunger. Isn't that a great thing?

I'd like you to visit the site (freerice.com), play at least 3 vocabulary games, and then come back here & post your results. Did you win all 3 games? Did you win 2 of them? Maybe you won 1 of them. Don't worry about the result, but do give it your best shot & see if you can learn something new while helping someone else.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

CORRECT! turbid = muddy CORRECT! marc = grape residue
CORRECT! prandial = related to meal

Not only this website is great to help others,it is also an excellent tool to expand vocabulary.

Maria Rodriguez-Trelles

Anonymous said...

WoW! this is really a great website.I like how you can learn different languages.

eltomate = tomato
invitar = invite
copiar = copy
Thats cool!
Delbon Johnson

Anonymous said...

I reached level 15 on the vocabulary. I exceeded my own expectations.

Anonymous said...

This does seem like a great site.
Sprat ia a small herring
and raga is S. Am music

Anonymous said...

This does seem like a great site.
Sprat is a small herring
and raga is S. Am music

Anonymous said...

rove=wonder
mourning=grief
particularlize=specify
bigotry=prejudice
thriftless=wasteful
irresolute=indecisive

This site is great!

Lisa Bristol

Anonymous said...

Yes I played some the game like them I think I did well but my daugter did better than me.tiffanyf

Anonymous said...

This is a great website. I found the English vocabulary section very challenging. There were some words that I did not know the meaning of, such as diadem. The English grammar section as well as the multiplication section were fun to do. I donated a total of 2,660 grains of rice.

Leonie Florestal

Anonymous said...

I did fairly well on the vocabulary. A couple I did not know and some were tricks, like I knew the answer but for some reason was hasty and missed them because of that. I donated 500 grains of rice on the vocab. In addition, I also worked on the world capitals.

-Judith B