Saturday, November 1, 2008

Verbs - Future Tense

Perhaps your writing is telling someone about what is going to happen in the future. When using future tense verbs, you may use the helping verb "will" or you may use one of the verbs "am," "is," or "are" with the phrase "going to." Below are some examples of each.

I will go to the office tomorrow.
He will run the marathon next weekend.
Lauren and Brian will walk the dog tonight.

You are going to school next year.
She is going to sing in the concert on Saturday.
They are going to leave for the airport at noon.

For more information about future tense verbs, visit this site:http://www.englishpage.com/verbpage/simplefuture.html. To practice this, write 2 sentences that tell me about things you'll do in the next month! I'll start!

I will have my in-laws visit later this month. While they are here, we will go out to dinner.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am planing to take my GED test next month.

My brother will come from New Jersey to celebrate Thanksgiving.



Adriana Wagner

Anonymous said...

I will go to the store.
At the store I will buy some milk.

Anonymous said...

I was thinking that i will be really to tahe my Ged test in December of 2008.JaRay will be eigth months on Friday,and he has no teeth.tifaany f

Anonymous said...

I was thinking I be really to take my test in December of 2008.re-write ,tiffanyf

Anonymous said...

I will be taking my GED test in a few weeks.

I will have to get up everyday to take my kids to school and to work.

I will be going to the store tomorrow.

Crystal Smolter

Anonymous said...

I am planning to take time off for the holidays and go skiing.

I have already started to buy christmas gifts and treats for Dec 25th.


Michele T.

Anonymous said...

I will get my diploma after passing my GED exam.

I have already made plans for my future.


Sheila W.

Anonymous said...

I love movies since I was in grade school,and one of may favorite,"The King and I".

Anonymous said...

I am getting ready to go to the gym.

I will take Sharon to the airport.

Dorothea M.

Anonymous said...

Im planning on taking my GED test in the month of december.

My family will be going on vacation for this christmas

Delbon Johnson

Anonymous said...

I am going to a doctor's appointment next week.

I will go riding my bike on Saturday.

Margie