Sunday, November 2, 2008

Usage - The Pronoun "I"

Believe it or not, a little error like not capitalizing the letter "I" in your writing can overshadow your ideas. You never want your reader focusing on mistakes instead of your ideas.

Rule: The letter "I" will always be capitalized in your writing, no matter where it occurs.

Let's look at some example of this.

1.) I went to the grocery store today.
2.) Heather and I have been friends for years.
3.) Mr. Williams asked if I would watch his dog.

It's important that all of your writing (including emails, instant messages, and "formal writing" like essays) have this correctly done. There's no reason to lose points for something so easy to do correctly!

Now it's your turn to practice this. Write 2 sentences that use the letter "I."

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, it is easy to make a mistake just by not re-read over thing such as a essay or a blog comments.The school that I work at has a hollween pledge and I was a good witch,it was fun.tiffany f

Anonymous said...

I agree, it is easy to make a mistake just by not re-read over thing such as a essay or a blog comments.The school that I work at has a hollween pledge and I was a good witch,it was fun.tiffany f

Anonymous said...

My daughter and I went trick and treating dressed as vampires.


I had alot of fun and enjoyed myself on Halloween night.



Michele T.

Anonymous said...

I took my twins out too a party for Halloween.

Tomorrow, I have to continue too study for my test.


Crystal Smolter

Anonymous said...

I am very confident that I will acheive my future goals.


Mary and I are very good friends.


Sheila W.

Anonymous said...

Tanya and I went to the park for a walk.

I always read to my daughter her favorite story book is "I Spot."

Dorothea M.

Anonymous said...

I went to work early this morning. Verna B.

Anonymous said...

My friends and I are planning a trip to the Island. Verna B.

Anonymous said...

I bake a cake last night.

My brother and I spoke about the election this week.

Anonymous said...

Delbon Johnson

Anonymous said...

I am glad I voted today. I am also glad to have a day off from school to catch up on my work.

Anonymous said...

I like pine apple.

I am the 4th kids in my family, and I am their second girl.

Anonymous said...

Here are my two sentences using the letter(I).

My daughter and I went to the library.

I enjoy going to school.

Leonie F.

Anonymous said...

I will visit my family next week.

The trip was fun eventhough I got sick.

Margie

Unknown said...

I would hate to lose points just because I didn't capitalize the letter I.

My daughter is someone I am very proud of.