Saturday, November 29, 2008

Writing Terminology

No matter what test you're doing (GED, FCAT, SAT, etc.), there are some basic terms associated with essay writing. In fact, if you've ever attended one of the online workshops about essay writing, you've probably heard these terms used.

Try this Quia "Rags to Riches" game that tests your knowledge of writing terminology. It's ok if you don't know all of the terms; for those that you don't know, however, consider writing them down and making flash cards to help you learn them!

Once you complete the game, come back here & blog about your results. Was this a review for you or did you learn something new? What terms (if any) were you not familiar with, but learned after doing the activity? What was your final score? Did you enjoy this activity?

Quia game link: http://www.quia.com/rr/311270.html

(Please note that although this game is referencing the FCAT test, everything presented is still 100% valid for those who are not doing the FCAT. Feel free to share this with any friends or relatives who are working on their FCAT writing skills, as this can help them too.)

Have fun!!!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did enjoy the game.I scored a whopping 1,000,000 the questions were very challenging but c hallenges are sometimes good.


Sheila W.

Anonymous said...

I learned from this game. My score was 250,000 the word that did me in was conventions. I really enjoyed it and probably would go back.

Anonymous said...

tiffanyf ,Wow i got to $128,000 and for me that was great.while my kids got less than that ,love it.

Anonymous said...

I learned so much from the game and also scored 32,000.

Dorothea M.

Anonymous said...

I recieved $250,000 in the game. I learned a couple of new terms and it was a very educating and fun game!

Aneilia Persad

Anonymous said...

Wooo! I won $1,000,000. It was fun, but at the same time I reviewed the steps and the meaning in the writing process.

Adriana Wagner

Anonymous said...

I did very well,and I enjoy the games as alway's.

Anonymous said...

Mirlene I did very well in the writing terminology. I won 32,000

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am a millionaire! I won 1,000,000. I learned new words about writting procedures, and I also had fun!

Mina Robles

Anonymous said...

I love to write, and some day I woud like to publish a book, about everything I experienced in life, and how we can make a difference in somebody else's life, sometimes just by listening.

Mina Robles

Anonymous said...

I was able to get more from the reviewing. I had fun!

Anonymous said...

I learned two or three new words but understood there defintion so I did not write them down. I was just very focused in the game I won $1 million. I just wish the money was real. HA! Convention was a term I had never heard before.

SHENEA WALKER

Anonymous said...

My result was 1'000,000, this was a very educational game, yes I learn a lot and also let me remember some word's meaning.the words I have some problems were
OFF Topic,Sub topic,conventions.
I can say I did really enjoy this game.

October 21, 2009

Roxana Alvarez