Friday, November 21, 2008

Writing - The Most Important Proper Noun

We've discussed proper nouns before. (To see the blog post, click here.) But what do you think is the most important proper noun of all? I bet you wouldn't be surprised to hear that it's your own name!

How many times each day do you write (or type) your name? It's probably many more times than you really think! Your name should always be written just the way you'd write any other proper noun (such as "Coca Cola," "Pepsi," "New York City," or "Florida"). The first letter of each name should be capitalized. But do you do that? Do you always do that?

No matter if it's an email, a blog post, or signing in to an online workshop, your name should always be typed with the first letter of each part being capitalized! Sometimes we all feel a bit lazy, and it might be easier to not capitalize it, but that's not right. You are important! Your name is important! Write it in a way that shows the importance!

*** Remember that on the blog, you can type your full first name and just the last initial! ***

Write one short sentence telling me what you hope to do before the end of the year. Then, be sure to correctly sign (type) your name at the end. Here's an example.

By the end of 2008, I hope to have met all of my new neighbors.
- Kim G.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

By the end of 2008, I hope to refinance my loan with Suntrust Bank.

Leonie F.

Anonymous said...

By the end of 2008, I hope to acheive my high school diploma.


Sheila W.

Anonymous said...

By the end of 2008, I hope to have passed my GED.
Michele T.

Anonymous said...

Mirlene
I will try before the of the year, to clean and fixe my house.

Anonymous said...

By the end of 2008 I hope to pay off my credit card debt.

Dorothea M.

Anonymous said...

By the end of the year I hope to earn my high school diploma.

Dorothea M.

Anonymous said...

By the end of 2008,I hope to publish may Web site.

Anonymous said...

By the end of 2008, I hope to get my Diploma.



Crystal H.

Anonymous said...

By the end of 2008, I hope to pass my GED test.

Aneilia Persad

Anonymous said...

By the end of 2008, I hope to finish all my VPI tests.
-Maria T.