Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Writing - Let's End Hunger (Part 4)

With Thanksgiving just around the corner, I think it's very appropriate to do a "Writing - Let's End Hunger" post. Have you participated in the other three? Check them out (September 26th, October 2nd, and November 3rd).

By playing this vocabulary game, you are benefiting yourself (by working on your vocabulary skills) and benefiting others (by helping to end world hunger). Isn't that the best "win-win" situation?

For every 1 question you answer correctly, you will have 20 grains of rice donated through the United Nations World Food Program. Once you've played the game, come back here and write 2-3 sentences to state how you did! Also, please include one sentence that includes something (or someone) that you're thankful for having in your life!

Click here to play: http://freerice.com/

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did pretty well on the English Vocabulary. I got 1500 grains of rice, and then i tried out the countries quiz. I liked that game it was pretty fun. Someone that I am very thankful to have in my life is, my mother. She has always been there for me through thick and thin and i love her a lot.

Anonymous said...

I got 8700 grains of rice and just love this game knowing it is going to a good cause.
I am very thankful to have God in my life,he is always helping me out when I least expect it.


Michele T.

Anonymous said...

mirlene when I was little I ride a ferine Zebu.
My deformity make me shame.

Anonymous said...

tiffanyf I let my dougter play the gme frist and she did ok,than I played I did better than her.we enjoyed the game.

Anonymous said...

I've learned so much new words in the game.Sometime I feel little depress.

Dorothea M.

Anonymous said...

Wow I feel good donatinf 700 grains of rice. That game made me feel really good. Im very thankful for food and my family!

Aneilia Persad

Anonymous said...

In addition, to the vocabulary, I played the identifying countries in the map. I am thankful every for the greatest gift God gave me, my father and my sons.

Maria Rodriguez - Trelles