Monday, November 24, 2008

Writing - Antonyms

An antonym is the opposite of a word. For example, if I said "happy," you might tell me that the antonym of that is "sad." Hopefully you participated on the November 22nd blog topic about synonyms, and you had a chance to check out a fun game that let you test your skills. Being that we're discussing antonyms, which is another important part of good writing, I'd like you to try the antonym game. Once you're done, come back here, report how you did, if you enjoyed it, and if any of the antonyms were new to you!

http://www.sadlier-oxford.com/phonics/antonyms/antonyms.htm

Have fun!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the challenge very much my total score was 225, some of the word meaning was new to me but that that was the challenge.

Sheila W.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the game. My score was 4,000 points, i did better than synonyms.

Anonymous said...

Mirlene
I did not understand how to play the Antonyms game the Homonyms, but anyway I won 1100.

Anonymous said...

I scored high,had to think quickly, enjoyed it.


Michele T.

Anonymous said...

This game is challengeing I scored 2025.

Dorothea M.

Anonymous said...

This game is challengeing I scored 2025.

Dorothea M.

Anonymous said...

I tought that game was very diffrent from the rest ,but I did ok after I find out how to play I like to play more often. tiffanyf

Anonymous said...

I found the antonyms game a bit more challenging than the synonyms game. I scored 4,175 with one error. My score was better than the synonyms. I would play this game again.

Leonie F.