Monday, November 3, 2008

Writing - Let's End Hunger (Part 3)

The eLearning blog has had two previous topics about how you can improve your writing and also help end world hunger. (To see those posts, click here: September 26th and October 2nd.)

For this post, I'd like you to go back to the FreeRice.com website, play their vocabulary games, and see how you can do! You'll notice that for every correct answer you give, 20 grains of rice will be donated through the United Nations World Food Program. Once you've played the game, come back here and write 2-3 sentences to state how you did!

Click here to play: http://freerice.com/

Have fun!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is alot of fun ,and learning,while I am donating a lot of grains of rice.I'll be back tomorrow and try again.

Anonymous said...

It has been very educational to me .And I have learned meanings to words that I dont usually use on a day to day basis,but most of all I enjoyed donating grains for every correct answer I gave.


Sheila W.

Anonymous said...

I thought it was cool. I learned and helped someone at the same time. I even learned a little spanish. I would try this again.

Anonymous said...

It is very educational and I learned a lot.Even words that I never heard of or seen.

hodgepodge mean jumble
permissible mean allowable
symmetrical mean proportionate

Dorothea M.

Anonymous said...

It is very educational and I learned a lot.Even words that I never heard of or seen.

hodgepodge mean jumble
permissible mean allowable
symmetrical mean proportionate

Dorothea M.

Anonymous said...

That was a long game I had to stop playing just to come back and let you no what i thank about the game.It was not as fun as some of the other but I learn somethig .tiffanyf

Anonymous said...

I just loved playing this game.The words are very interesting and had me thinking,challenging.Some I guessed and scored correctly and some I did not.I did not want to stop playing since I was donating rice.I am sharing this web site with some friends who are learning English.





Michele T.

Anonymous said...

Mirlene
Trolley: street car
hood, environment, infancy.

Quench: calculate flower extenguish position